Ariadne is a software application for managing canoe/kayak sports events.
Ariadne offers the following functionalities:
- define a competition and races therein
- define categories and classes, and assign these to races
- define the course, gates and judge sections
- process entries
- assign start numbers
- produce a start list
- produce invoices for entry fees
- process starts and finishes per run
- enter penalty points
- publish run results on a publication screen
- publish run results live on internet
- rank race results
- publish race results
- archive race results
- language module, to translate the GUI in whatever language
Ariadne is designed for the management of competitions of over 300 entries,
in which races are grouped in program blocks, and scheduled over a more days period. But Ariadne is equally fit for competitions
of 40 entries, which are processed in three hours.
Ariadne comes in versions for slalom, marathon, down river race and regatta.
Ariadne was deployed at:
- the Gennepermolen
Slalom Competitions of 2001 to 2015;
- the Dutch National
Slalom competitions of 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010 to 2015;
- the Dutch Open Slalom competition of 2010 to 2012;
- the VKC Slalom Competition of 2006 to 2015;
- the Slalom du Mava, 2008 , 2013 ,2014
- the RCC
Kayak Marathons of 2002 to 2015;
- the Viking Downriver Race 2003 to 2012, 2015;
- the HWC Slalom competition of 2010 to 2012;
- the HKC Slalom competition of 2010 to 2015;
- the UKC Slalom competition of 2011 to 2015;
- the Holland Surfski races of 2012 to 2015;
- the Amsterdam Waterland marathon of 2014, 2015;
- Dutch kayak selection races 2014, 2015.
Ariadne is developed as open software. It may be used and modified under
the conditions of the GNU General public license.
Ariadne suite counts more than 1100 function points. This compares to €1.100.000
commercial developing costs.
last update: Jan 2016